Welcome to Shalimar Cuisine of Indian
Walking into Shalimar is like walking into a restaurant in India itself. With traditional decor and aromatic scents of curry and tandoori radiating throughout. Our kitchen has the finest chefs who use only charcoal in the clay over to create the authentic taste of tandoori dishes. Exploring many different cultures of India, our chefs create various cuisines found in different parts of India, offering wide assortments of delicacies.
We are proudly to say that Shalimar Indian Cuisine has won the title of the best Indian Restaurant of San Fernando Valley by LA Weekly. We have been serving San Fernando Valley for more than three decades with the most delectable and exquisite Authentic Indian Food. Make a reservation at one of the best indian food and indian buffet restaurants. Do not doubt to order Indian Food Delivery.
Authentic Indian dishes
Walking into Shalimar is like walking into a restaurant in India itself. We are proud to say that we are the only authentic Indian cuisine in the area. The majority of our clients who visit our restaurant come to our Indian food buffet. Our kitchen has the finest chefs who use only charcoal in the clay oven to create the authentic taste of tandoori dishes. Exploring many different cultures of India, our chefs create various cuisines found in different parts of India, offering wide assortments of delicacies in our Indian food buffet. We offer a full range of authentic Indian vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Each dish is made with a careful blend of spices and the best ingredients imported directly from India. Our outstanding Indian cuisine, excellent service, and friendly staff are what make our Indian dishes stand out.
15 Popular Indian foods to order at an Indian restaurant
There are so many Indian food dishes that it might be difficult to attempt all Indian dishes in your lifetime, not to mention at one time. However here are a few of our favorites that you're most likely to try in our Indian Food Restaurant.
- Aloo gobi. Potato and cauliflower cooked with herbs
- Chicken Somosa. Crispy flour patties stuffed with chicken
- Chana masala. Garbanzo beans cooked in special gravy.
- Hor D'oeuvres (For Two). An assortment of chicken tikka, lamb tikka, sheekh kabab, pakora, and vegetable samosa
- Chicken tikka masala. Tandoori baked chicken cooked with special blend of spices
- Doughy, butter-brushed naan. The popular Indian baked flatbread.
- Crisp papadom. Lentil Wafers
- Dal makhani. A stew made with whole black or yellow lentils.
- Pakora. A fried snack typically featuring cauliflower or potato coated in a light batter.
- Malai Kofta. Homemade cheese and mixed vegetable ball cooked in special sauce
- Korma. A thick, savory curry consisting of meat or vegetables braised with yogurt, cream, and spices.
- Fish curry. Cooked with ground spices and special gravy
- Lamb or Beef Coconut Curry. Tender pieces of beef cooked with fresh ground spices with coconut milk
- Biryani. A meat-and-rice mixed dish that’s a popular staple food in Kashmiri cuisine.
- Mulligatawny Soup. An authentic vegetable soup with mild spices and herbs
Why is Indian cuisine popular around the world?
Indian food is increasing its popularity day by day all over the world and it has for many years. Individuals like to enjoy its fragrant, delicious, and spicy taste dishes. The United States is one of those countries where individuals are considerably enthusiastic about Indian food dishes. There is a vast array of dishes in Indian food. In every state of India, you will discover that individuals utilize various and special techniques to prepare their meal, with exact same components they can prepare something various from other states. Meat, seafood, fish, chicken, vegetarian and vegan recipes are now present in its vast recipe list of food offerings thus giving people from all over the globe a wide array of choices when ordering Indian cuisine. You can taste the range of spices, in their sweet and salted dishes which will make you crazy for their delicious taste.